Caffe Nero and Leon Restaurants have become the first UK retailers to join Penny for London, a service first introduced on the Transport for London (TfL) network that automatically collects small charitable donations when participating consumers use their contactless cards to pay. “It is fantastic that two of Britain’s much-loved retailers have committed to sign up for Penny for London and I hope many more will follow their lead,” says mayor Boris Johnson.
- Bristol gets contactless donation points to help the homeless
- Visa upgrades Verified by Visa technology to enhance security and simplify online payments
- OCBC Bank launches cashless QR code payments with its first standalone mobile payments app
- Google introduces buy button in search results
- The modern plan for digital identity in Australia and beyond