More than half of UK consumers (54%) say that they often or always use digital wallets to pay for goods online, according to research from online payments service Skrill, and 17% of 18-24 year olds are also paying for goods and services in-store with a mobile device. The company defines a digital wallet as a “payment method that enables people to make online transactions conveniently and securely via their mobile, tablet, laptop or PC.”
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor