Mobile phone and tablet users will be making 195bn mobile transactions a year by 2019, up from 72bn this year, Juniper Research forecasts. “Highest growth rates are expected in the NFC sector,” the company says, where “usage is expected to be buoyed by the launch of Apple Pay together with a host of anticipated deployments by banks using solutions based on HCE technology.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?