MasterCard’s cloud-based payment service is now available in China, following its initial launch in the US in September 2014. The service makes use of the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) tokenization system, the MasterPass digital wallet platform and host card emulation (HCE) technology. The launch will enable Chinese card issuers “to provide additional payment options by simplifying the deployment of NFC technologies and making in-app and online payments easier to set up and complete,” says MasterCard’s Dennis Chang.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works