MasterCard’s cloud-based payment service is now available in China, following its initial launch in the US in September 2014. The service makes use of the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) tokenization system, the MasterPass digital wallet platform and host card emulation (HCE) technology. The launch will enable Chinese card issuers “to provide additional payment options by simplifying the deployment of NFC technologies and making in-app and online payments easier to set up and complete,” says MasterCard’s Dennis Chang.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info