Almost a quarter (24%) of US smartphone owners have now used one or more mobile payment apps, research from PunchTab has found. Starbucks tops the popularity list with 40% of respondents citing it as their most-used mobile payment app. More than half (55%) of millennials say they would like a single mobile payment app that can be used across multiple stores and offers loyalty programs, the research also found.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies