A Nintendo 3DS system update has enabled the NFC capabilities built into the latest Japan-only edition of the handheld games console, Nintendo Life reports. The update makes it possible for players to use the 3DS’s NFC reader to pay for downloaded games with a standard contactless card and also lets players use Amiibo NFC figures with both the 3DS and the Nintendo Wii U for the first time. A Japanese language video produced by Nintendo shows how the service works.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?