A Nintendo 3DS system update has enabled the NFC capabilities built into the latest Japan-only edition of the handheld games console, Nintendo Life reports. The update makes it possible for players to use the 3DS’s NFC reader to pay for downloaded games with a standard contactless card and also lets players use Amiibo NFC figures with both the 3DS and the Nintendo Wii U for the first time. A Japanese language video produced by Nintendo shows how the service works.
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India
- Decathlon adds RFID tags to make in-store self-checkout easier for customers