Hungarian carrier Magyar Telekom has launched an NFC service that marks the first commercial deployment of Cipurse, an open ticketing standard developed by the OSPT Alliance. The carrier’s NFC SIMs are supplied by Giesecke & Devrient and support NFC payments and the SuperShop loyalty card as well as transportation ticketing.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities