Hungarian carrier Magyar Telekom has launched an NFC service that marks the first commercial deployment of Cipurse, an open ticketing standard developed by the OSPT Alliance. The carrier’s NFC SIMs are supplied by Giesecke & Devrient and support NFC payments and the SuperShop loyalty card as well as transportation ticketing.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture