SIMalliance has published version 3.0 of its Open Mobile API Specification, bringing with it support for “every type of smartphone OS globally”. The specification sets out a standard way for mobile applications to access different secure elements — including SIM-based and embedded SEs — within a mobile device and is currently implemented in more than 150 models of Android NFC smartphone.
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans
- US airport stores to automatically file expense reports for business travellers
- LG to launch mobile payments service using magnetic communication technology
- Samsung Pay goes live across India with support for Paytm and UPI money transfers