SIMalliance has published version 3.0 of its Open Mobile API Specification, bringing with it support for “every type of smartphone OS globally”. The specification sets out a standard way for mobile applications to access different secure elements — including SIM-based and embedded SEs — within a mobile device and is currently implemented in more than 150 models of Android NFC smartphone.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments