Australia’s Suncorp Bank is to make NFC payments available to customers on select Android devices in 2015, Computerworld Australia reports. The bank also plans to support Apple Pay as soon as the mobile payments service becomes available in the country. “Over the past 12 months, consumer demand for NFC mobile technology from our customer base has increased significantly due to improve awareness and device availability,” Suncorp says.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale