Future iPhones may use a combination of Touch ID and fingertip motion to protect access, a recent Apple patent application has revealed. “An electronic device may include a finger biometric sensor, a display and a processor coupled to the finger biometric sensor and the display,” the filing explains. The patent application goes on to explain how a phone could be partially unlocked by drawing the correct pattern on the fingerprint sensor, or fully on providing a biometric match.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API