Future iPhones may use a combination of Touch ID and fingertip motion to protect access, a recent Apple patent application has revealed. “An electronic device may include a finger biometric sensor, a display and a processor coupled to the finger biometric sensor and the display,” the filing explains. The patent application goes on to explain how a phone could be partially unlocked by drawing the correct pattern on the fingerprint sensor, or fully on providing a biometric match.
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India
- WeChat Pay reports 500% increase in transaction volumes
- Public Transport Victoria to add Myki transit cards to Google Pay
- Samsung Pay promotes mobile payments adoption with prize draw for UK users
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments