Britain’s top banks are in talks with Apple to introduce Apple Pay in the first half of this year, but negotiations have proved difficult due to concerns around the amount of personal and financial information Apple can collect about its customers. “Some executives fear Apple Pay and the data it delivers to Apple could serve as a beachhead for an invasion of the banking industry,” The Telegraph reports.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain