Britain’s top banks are in talks with Apple to introduce Apple Pay in the first half of this year, but negotiations have proved difficult due to concerns around the amount of personal and financial information Apple can collect about its customers. “Some executives fear Apple Pay and the data it delivers to Apple could serve as a beachhead for an invasion of the banking industry,” The Telegraph reports.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module