Apple Pay accounted for 1% of all US digital spend in November 2014 just a month after its launch, research from ITG has revealed. The top five Apple Pay retailers included Whole Foods Market with 20% of all transactions made using Apple Pay, Walgreens (19%), McDonald’s (11%), Panera Bread (6%) and Subway (3%).
- Dogs aim to take Blue Cross canal walk donations
- Accumulated payments with Samsung Pay surpass W10tn
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era