Visitors at this year’s International CES in Las Vegas will be guided around the mammoth tradeshow with their smartphones and Bluetooth beacons provided by Radius Networks. “Through the CES app, users can select a CES destination such as an exhibitor booth,” the organisers explain. “The app will then show directions from the current position using the BLE beacons placed throughout the show floor.” The navigation system covers an area estimated at four million square feet.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China