Visitors at this year’s International CES in Las Vegas will be guided around the mammoth tradeshow with their smartphones and Bluetooth beacons provided by Radius Networks. “Through the CES app, users can select a CES destination such as an exhibitor booth,” the organisers explain. “The app will then show directions from the current position using the BLE beacons placed throughout the show floor.” The navigation system covers an area estimated at four million square feet.
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones