Visitors at this year’s International CES in Las Vegas will be guided around the mammoth tradeshow with their smartphones and Bluetooth beacons provided by Radius Networks. “Through the CES app, users can select a CES destination such as an exhibitor booth,” the organisers explain. “The app will then show directions from the current position using the BLE beacons placed throughout the show floor.” The navigation system covers an area estimated at four million square feet.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent