Broadcom has introduced an automotive-grade NFC controller designed to be built into vehicles to simplify set-up for mobile device connectivity and enable solutions such as keyless entry. The BCM89095 meets the special requirements of the automotive industry, which include extreme temperature tolerance and multiple sets of international manufacturing guidelines. The low-power chip supports reader/writer, P2P and card emulation modes.
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology
- Jack Ma’s Ant Financial nearly doubles profits amid deal push