Bitcoin wallet provider Circle has added NFC to its Android app to enable users to make payments using the digital currency with a tap of their smartphone. “Using this NFC integration, Circle customers can tap to pay when checking out with the app at physical locations where Bitcoin is accepted,” the company explains. “Since our friends at BitPay have also enabled NFC, thousands of merchant locations worldwide will support this feature.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?