Beacon solution provider Kontakt.io is hosting a Bluetooth-based treasure hunt with a million dollar prize at the CES in Las Vegas. Show visitors can download the $1m Beacon Hunt app and look for Bluetooth beacons hidden throughout the North, Center and South halls. “Anyone can download the app from the Android or iOS app stores, and can check out the 24 hints to get 24 chances to win the big prize,” the company explains.
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale