South Africa’s Nedbank is internally testing a proof-of-concept mobile payments app called Accolades that uses BLE beacons to connect customers to retailers as they enter the store. “In concept, the app would provide the product list or menu of the participating store, letting customers select the product and quantity and check it out in their mobile shopping cart without queues,” BusinessTech reports.
- Atos offers to acquire Gemalto for €4.3bn
- Men’s Health gives positive review to Gymkit with NFC
- First US gym adds support for Apple Watch NFC pairing with exercise machines
- Australian banks ordered to cut contactless transaction fees
- GfK: Promoting the security of mobile payments could be the key to wider adoption