South Africa’s Nedbank is internally testing a proof-of-concept mobile payments app called Accolades that uses BLE beacons to connect customers to retailers as they enter the store. “In concept, the app would provide the product list or menu of the participating store, letting customers select the product and quantity and check it out in their mobile shopping cart without queues,” BusinessTech reports.
- Intesa Sanpaolo pilots contactless biometric payment card in Italy
- Los Angeles Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing on Apple Watch and iPhones
- Sam’s Club unveils mobile-first store that showcases the latest payments and retail technologies
- Target equips staff with mobile POS terminals for faster Black Friday checkout
- 7-Eleven pilots mobile self-checkout in 14 US stores