Alibaba is in advanced talks to buy an approximately US$500 million stake in One97 Communications, the parent company of Indian mobile payment platform Paytm. “Both Alibaba Group Holding’s e-commerce arm and its online payments unit Alipay are set to participate in the transaction, which will conclude later this month,” the Financial Times reports. When NFC World+ contacted Alibaba for information the e-commerce giant said it has “no comment to offer on this matter”.
- Seven watch brands to embed Barclaycard’s bPay wearable payments in their devices
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders