Alibaba is in advanced talks to buy an approximately US$500 million stake in One97 Communications, the parent company of Indian mobile payment platform Paytm. “Both Alibaba Group Holding’s e-commerce arm and its online payments unit Alipay are set to participate in the transaction, which will conclude later this month,” the Financial Times reports. When NFC World+ contacted Alibaba for information the e-commerce giant said it has “no comment to offer on this matter”.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points