MasterCard has announced a global partnership that will combine its payment technology with Masabi’s JustRide mobile ticketing platform. “The first city to benefit from this alliance will be Athens, where passengers of the Greek capital’s transit systems are now able to use an innovative mobile solution to pay their fare,” MasterCard says. Masabi is active in a number of cities including New York, London and San Diego.
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features
- Samsung reveals S8 with multi-biometrics, Samsung Pay reaches quarter of a billion transactions and adds online payments
- Dunkin’ Donuts customers get mobile ordering through Google’s navigation app
- Apple Pay goes live in Taiwan with support from seven banks