MasterCard has announced a global partnership that will combine its payment technology with Masabi’s JustRide mobile ticketing platform. “The first city to benefit from this alliance will be Athens, where passengers of the Greek capital’s transit systems are now able to use an innovative mobile solution to pay their fare,” MasterCard says. Masabi is active in a number of cities including New York, London and San Diego.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service