The Government of Spain is piloting a contactless ID card in Lleida that can be read using an NFC device. The card will be used initially for authorisation services such as collecting packages by mail or courier, for schools to authorise child excursions or to collect medication from pharmacies. The DNIe 3.0 card is expected to be progressively rolled out across the country.
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries
- National Australia Bank goes live with Apple Pay
- TriMet rolls out NFC ticketing for iPhone users
- ABN Amro unveils blockchain-based NFC platform for trade inventory tracking
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary