The Government of Spain is piloting a contactless ID card in Lleida that can be read using an NFC device. The card will be used initially for authorisation services such as collecting packages by mail or courier, for schools to authorise child excursions or to collect medication from pharmacies. The DNIe 3.0 card is expected to be progressively rolled out across the country.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent