The Government of Spain is piloting a contactless ID card in Lleida that can be read using an NFC device. The card will be used initially for authorisation services such as collecting packages by mail or courier, for schools to authorise child excursions or to collect medication from pharmacies. The DNIe 3.0 card is expected to be progressively rolled out across the country.
- Fossil launches sports watch with NFC payments
- Veterans charity uses contactless cards to collect donations via NFC
- PNC Bank to offer dynamic CVV cards to commercial customers
- Singapore Post adds NFC tags to 15,000 mail boxes
- Google Pay goes live in the United Arab Emirates