Migros, Switzerland’s largest supermarket chain, is to launch a mobile payments service that will work in its own locations, other stores and with other bank accounts, as well as the retailer’s own Migros Bank accounts, Schweiz am Sonntag reports. Migros declined to provide further details to NFC World+ at this time, saying the “project is not yet ready for communication”.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments