Migros, Switzerland’s largest supermarket chain, is to launch a mobile payments service that will work in its own locations, other stores and with other bank accounts, as well as the retailer’s own Migros Bank accounts, Schweiz am Sonntag reports. Migros declined to provide further details to NFC World+ at this time, saying the “project is not yet ready for communication”.
- Atos offers to acquire Gemalto for €4.3bn
- Men’s Health gives positive review to Gymkit with NFC
- First US gym adds support for Apple Watch NFC pairing with exercise machines
- Australian banks ordered to cut contactless transaction fees
- GfK: Promoting the security of mobile payments could be the key to wider adoption