Migros, Switzerland’s largest supermarket chain, is to launch a mobile payments service that will work in its own locations, other stores and with other bank accounts, as well as the retailer’s own Migros Bank accounts, Schweiz am Sonntag reports. Migros declined to provide further details to NFC World+ at this time, saying the “project is not yet ready for communication”.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service