The US Patent & Trademark Office has published three patent applications from Apple that relate to both Apple Pay and Touch ID biometric verification. Among the patents is one that includes a “schematic block diagram of an electronic system providing iCloud-based storage and exchange of enrollment finger biometric data,” Patently Apple reports, and one that sets out a way to use NFC or an alternative short range wireless communication technology to download enrolled finger biometric data.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai