The US Patent & Trademark Office has published three patent applications from Apple that relate to both Apple Pay and Touch ID biometric verification. Among the patents is one that includes a “schematic block diagram of an electronic system providing iCloud-based storage and exchange of enrollment finger biometric data,” Patently Apple reports, and one that sets out a way to use NFC or an alternative short range wireless communication technology to download enrolled finger biometric data.
- Mastercard demos payments in augmented reality
- Pay with Google goes live on Android devices
- Apple Pay reaches 20 countries, representing 70% of the world’s card transaction volume
- Amex applies for personalized blockchain rewards patent
- Chase lets customers use their mobile phone to open a bank account