Nintendo sold about 2.4m NFC-enabled Amiibo figurines in 2014, the company has revealed. “Wii U had its strongest year yet thanks to the highly anticipated software line-up and the introduction of the Amiibo platform,” says Nintendo’s Scott Moffitt. “Fans can anticipate another strong year for 2015.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year