Nintendo sold about 2.4m NFC-enabled Amiibo figurines in 2014, the company has revealed. “Wii U had its strongest year yet thanks to the highly anticipated software line-up and the introduction of the Amiibo platform,” says Nintendo’s Scott Moffitt. “Fans can anticipate another strong year for 2015.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works