NFC World’s “Evaluating NFC security strategies: The role of the secure element in the evolving NFC landscape” webinar is now available to view online. 749 people registered to attend the live event, and participants gave the presentation an overall rating of four out of five.
The hour-long webcast, featuring advice on how to select the right security strategy for your NFC service and lessons learned from a leading market deployment, took place on 20 January and was sponsored by secure chip industry association SIMalliance.
The event was hosted by Sarah Clark, editor of NFC World+, and featured presentations by speakers from SIMalliance and Canadian trusted service hub EnStream, as well as an extensive question and answer session.
Topics covered during the webinar include:
- The key difference between host card emulation (HCE) and secure element (SE)-based NFC solutions;
- The opportunities presented by the two technologies;
- The unique requirements of individual NFC service use cases;
- Advantages and limitations of SE and HCE technologies;
- A case study from Canada, where all of the country’s large carriers and four of the country’s ‘Big Five’ banks now offer their customers SE-based NFC mobile payments.
A full recording of the webinar, including all the presentation slides, is now available in NFC World+ Knowledge Centre, free of charge.
• Would your organisation like to run a webinar in partnership with NFC World+? Contact Laurence Zipson to find out more.