More than 63% of US retailers have included payment security among their top three priorities for 2015 in a survey by Boston Retail Partners, with 650% more retailers planning to support EMV by October. “Recent data breaches at several top retailers, high-profile hacking, plus the looming October 2015 deadline shifting credit card liability back to the retailer for those not compliant with EMV policies seem to be likely causes,” the firm explains.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API