More than 63% of US retailers have included payment security among their top three priorities for 2015 in a survey by Boston Retail Partners, with 650% more retailers planning to support EMV by October. “Recent data breaches at several top retailers, high-profile hacking, plus the looming October 2015 deadline shifting credit card liability back to the retailer for those not compliant with EMV policies seem to be likely causes,” the firm explains.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets