Wearable technology company Ringly has raised US$5.1m in Series A funding to produce a range of connected jewellery that links to a smartphone, and alerts the wearer with a variety of customizable notifications by lighting up and vibrating. “This year, we’ll be expanding our collection, adding new features and introducing partnerships with fashion brands and designers to create a wider variety of new designs,” says Ringly’s Christina Mercando.
- ST ships its one billionth secure element
- IMF sees negative interest rates in cashless future
- Analysts: 43% of iPhone users have now enabled Apple Pay
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers