Wearable technology company Ringly has raised US$5.1m in Series A funding to produce a range of connected jewellery that links to a smartphone, and alerts the wearer with a variety of customizable notifications by lighting up and vibrating. “This year, we’ll be expanding our collection, adding new features and introducing partnerships with fashion brands and designers to create a wider variety of new designs,” says Ringly’s Christina Mercando.
- Chinese mobile payments exceed US$1tn in one quarter
- Mobile World Congress survey: IoT and mobile payments ‘biggest business opportunities’ for 2017
- Cook: Apple Pay has “hit an air pocket”
- Apple Pay begins major promotional campaign in Japan
- EcoCash and Mahindra win GSMA best mobile payments solution award