Wearable technology company Ringly has raised US$5.1m in Series A funding to produce a range of connected jewellery that links to a smartphone, and alerts the wearer with a variety of customizable notifications by lighting up and vibrating. “This year, we’ll be expanding our collection, adding new features and introducing partnerships with fashion brands and designers to create a wider variety of new designs,” says Ringly’s Christina Mercando.
- NatWest Bank begins UK’s first trial of contactless biometric cards
- Vending machine firms to use blockchain ID platform to automate sale of age-restricted items
- PayPal reports 40m Venmo P2P payments users
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?