Descartes Biometrics has unveiled Helix, an ear detection and recognition technology that uses a smartphone owner’s unique ear features to lock and unlock their mobile device. “Helix does not require any additional hardware and is capable of processing any qualifying image containing an ear,” the company says. “Possible applications include banking, travel, medical and personnel attendance solutions, as well as application, device and building security.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments