Taiwan Mobile Payment Co (TWMP), the consortium of regional banks bringing NFC payments to market in Taiwan, is to use Oti Wave, the NFC payment dongle developed by On Track Innovations. TWMP was formed in July 2014 by three Taiwanese banking groups and has since signed up 27 banks to use its NFC hub to connect with local carriers. Oti Wave, unveiled in 2012, is certified by Visa and MasterCard, and has also been adopted by Hong Kong ATM network JetCo. The device has also been tested by a major US bank.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay