Taiwan Mobile Payment Co (TWMP), the consortium of regional banks bringing NFC payments to market in Taiwan, is to use Oti Wave, the NFC payment dongle developed by On Track Innovations. TWMP was formed in July 2014 by three Taiwanese banking groups and has since signed up 27 banks to use its NFC hub to connect with local carriers. Oti Wave, unveiled in 2012, is certified by Visa and MasterCard, and has also been adopted by Hong Kong ATM network JetCo. The device has also been tested by a major US bank.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app