Taiwan Mobile Payment Co (TWMP), the consortium of regional banks bringing NFC payments to market in Taiwan, is to use Oti Wave, the NFC payment dongle developed by On Track Innovations. TWMP was formed in July 2014 by three Taiwanese banking groups and has since signed up 27 banks to use its NFC hub to connect with local carriers. Oti Wave, unveiled in 2012, is certified by Visa and MasterCard, and has also been adopted by Hong Kong ATM network JetCo. The device has also been tested by a major US bank.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?