Taiwan Mobile Payment Co (TWMP), the consortium of regional banks bringing NFC payments to market in Taiwan, is to use Oti Wave, the NFC payment dongle developed by On Track Innovations. TWMP was formed in July 2014 by three Taiwanese banking groups and has since signed up 27 banks to use its NFC hub to connect with local carriers. Oti Wave, unveiled in 2012, is certified by Visa and MasterCard, and has also been adopted by Hong Kong ATM network JetCo. The device has also been tested by a major US bank.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works