Samsung Pay, “a payment feature which works with magnetic and NFC terminals” will ship with the Korean phone maker’s forthcoming Galaxy S6 mobile phone, BGR reports, citing a “trusted source”. The device is expected to be unveiled during Mobile World Congress 2015 while the mobile payment service is expected to use technology developed by US startup LoopPay to enable payments to be made at both contactless and magnetic stripe-based POS terminals.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash