Over a quarter (25.8%) of the world’s online transactions now take place on a mobile device, up from 23.3% in the third quarter of 2014 and 37% up on the 18.8% recorded in the fourth quarter of 2013, Adyen’s quarterly Mobile Payments Index has revealed. “December showed the highest proportion of mobile payments at 26.6%, followed closely by November at 26.1%,” the study found.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users