Over a quarter (25.8%) of the world’s online transactions now take place on a mobile device, up from 23.3% in the third quarter of 2014 and 37% up on the 18.8% recorded in the fourth quarter of 2013, Adyen’s quarterly Mobile Payments Index has revealed. “December showed the highest proportion of mobile payments at 26.6%, followed closely by November at 26.1%,” the study found.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions