Strex, the mobile payments joint venture between Norwegian carriers Telenor, TeliaSonera and Tele2, has selected software and services provider Amdocs’ Mobile Financial Services solution to “consolidate the operators’ multiple SMS-based payment systems into one” mobile wallet. Strex will now be able to offer users a single solution to pay for digital and physical goods or services, send money and pay bills using “either SMS, web, USSD or via a mobile app,” Amdocs says.
- Walmart expands Scan & Go mobile self-checkout pilot to 100 more stores
- Dunkin’ Donuts offers faster pickups to customers who order via mobile
- Visa CEO plots central role in IoT payments
- Walt Disney World to pilot cashless resort concept
- WeChat opens unmanned store in Shanghai