Commuters in St Petersburg, Russia will soon be able to pay their metro fares by tapping either a contactless card or an NFC device at turnstiles equipped with MasterPass technology. The service is to be rolled out through a partnership between MasterCard, the city’s administration, St Petersburg Metro and Bank Saint Petersburg.
- NXP secures Mastercard certification for biometric card modules
- Researchers to use tiny diamonds to verify authenticity of supply chain components
- National QR standard for mobile payments rolls out in Sri Lanka
- PCI SSC calls for comments on new standard for contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- ING lets Turkish businesses accept Mastercard payments on NFC mobile phones