Commuters in St Petersburg, Russia will soon be able to pay their metro fares by tapping either a contactless card or an NFC device at turnstiles equipped with MasterPass technology. The service is to be rolled out through a partnership between MasterCard, the city’s administration, St Petersburg Metro and Bank Saint Petersburg.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info