Commuters in St Petersburg, Russia will soon be able to pay their metro fares by tapping either a contactless card or an NFC device at turnstiles equipped with MasterPass technology. The service is to be rolled out through a partnership between MasterCard, the city’s administration, St Petersburg Metro and Bank Saint Petersburg.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module