Antivirus and security software provider Kaspersky Lab has launched Kaspersky QR Scanner, an app that warns users of potentially dangerous links within QR codes when they scan with their mobile device. “If the code is valid, the scanner will open the page,” the company explains. “If the link leads to a phishing or a malicious site, the user receives a warning notification.”
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores