5% of US consumers currently use a mobile wallet and 18% intend to use one in the next year, credit scorer Fico’s “Millennial Banking Insights and Opportunity” survey has found, with the percentage rising to 32% among Millennials — defined as those born between 1980 and 1994. 21% of respondents said they currently use an alternative payment service like Venmo or PayPal and 39% expect to use one in the next year.
- Dutch rail operator pilots open loop ticketing service
- Rohm to use ST NFC chips for wireless charging in cars
- Juniper forecasts a billion mobile ticketing users in 2019
- Microsoft to shut down its Microsoft Wallet service
- MTS to roll out open loop ticketing on buses and trains in San Diego