Photo messaging platform Snapchat is letting users add friends to their social network by scanning Snaptags, unique QR codes assigned to each user. “Leaked emails from the Sony hack revealed SnapChat quietly acquired a QR code startup called Scan.me late last year,” TechCrunch reports. “Now it makes sense why Snapchat would want to pay $50m for Scan.me, which built a system to connect QR codes to people’s identities.”
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments