Photo messaging platform Snapchat is letting users add friends to their social network by scanning Snaptags, unique QR codes assigned to each user. “Leaked emails from the Sony hack revealed SnapChat quietly acquired a QR code startup called Scan.me late last year,” TechCrunch reports. “Now it makes sense why Snapchat would want to pay $50m for Scan.me, which built a system to connect QR codes to people’s identities.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?