The team working on PayPal’s move into in-store payments has been among the hardest hit by layoffs across parent Ebay Inc’s three divisions, Re/code reports, adding that “PayPal’s in-store initiatives, which includes mobile payments and a credit card reader called PayPal Here, have largely been viewed as big disappointments inside the company”. Don Kingsborough, PayPal’s head of retail and prepaid products, has also left the company, Re/Code adds.
- Australian merchants to accept payments on their mobile phones — with no additional hardware required
- Samsung integrates Hong Kong’s Octopus card into Samsung Pay
- China UnionPay launches mobile wallet app
- Alipay pushes into Hong Kong, India, Thailand and the Philippines with Christmas shopping festival
- Samsung Pay sets its sights on becoming a full service banking wallet