The team working on PayPal’s move into in-store payments has been among the hardest hit by layoffs across parent Ebay Inc’s three divisions, Re/code reports, adding that “PayPal’s in-store initiatives, which includes mobile payments and a credit card reader called PayPal Here, have largely been viewed as big disappointments inside the company”. Don Kingsborough, PayPal’s head of retail and prepaid products, has also left the company, Re/Code adds.
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system
- Kenyan charity issues contactless wristbands to students for discounted meal payments