The team working on PayPal’s move into in-store payments has been among the hardest hit by layoffs across parent Ebay Inc’s three divisions, Re/code reports, adding that “PayPal’s in-store initiatives, which includes mobile payments and a credit card reader called PayPal Here, have largely been viewed as big disappointments inside the company”. Don Kingsborough, PayPal’s head of retail and prepaid products, has also left the company, Re/Code adds.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’