The team working on PayPal’s move into in-store payments has been among the hardest hit by layoffs across parent Ebay Inc’s three divisions, Re/code reports, adding that “PayPal’s in-store initiatives, which includes mobile payments and a credit card reader called PayPal Here, have largely been viewed as big disappointments inside the company”. Don Kingsborough, PayPal’s head of retail and prepaid products, has also left the company, Re/Code adds.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants