Apple is in talks with some of Brazil’s largest banks including Bradesco, Itau and Banco do Brasil with a view to launching Apple Pay in the country in the near future, Epoca Negocios reports. Almost 80% of the payment terminal network in Brazil is already contactless-enabled, the publication says, and “the only missing piece to fully nationalise the process is issuing cards”.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts