Apple is in talks with some of Brazil’s largest banks including Bradesco, Itau and Banco do Brasil with a view to launching Apple Pay in the country in the near future, Epoca Negocios reports. Almost 80% of the payment terminal network in Brazil is already contactless-enabled, the publication says, and “the only missing piece to fully nationalise the process is issuing cards”.
- Chinese mobile payments exceed US$1tn in one quarter
- Mobile World Congress survey: IoT and mobile payments ‘biggest business opportunities’ for 2017
- Cook: Apple Pay has “hit an air pocket”
- Apple Pay begins major promotional campaign in Japan
- EcoCash and Mahindra win GSMA best mobile payments solution award