Apple is in talks with some of Brazil’s largest banks including Bradesco, Itau and Banco do Brasil with a view to launching Apple Pay in the country in the near future, Epoca Negocios reports. Almost 80% of the payment terminal network in Brazil is already contactless-enabled, the publication says, and “the only missing piece to fully nationalise the process is issuing cards”.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?