“Apple Pay has hit bumps in China despite Apple’s efforts to make friends with Alibaba and UnionPay,” Caixin reports. Talks between Apple and the national payments network, which were due to lead to an agreement in March, “have stalled”, the report adds, while Apple still has regulatory hurdles to overcome as “it’s unclear whether the product meets the government’s requirements for a commercial operation”.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India