“Apple Pay has hit bumps in China despite Apple’s efforts to make friends with Alibaba and UnionPay,” Caixin reports. Talks between Apple and the national payments network, which were due to lead to an agreement in March, “have stalled”, the report adds, while Apple still has regulatory hurdles to overcome as “it’s unclear whether the product meets the government’s requirements for a commercial operation”.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info