Brooklyn Museum has produced an in-depth report that examines the practical issues it experienced implementing and managing a network of Bluetooth beacons. Key concerns include installation of the beacon devices, difficulties keeping them in place and programming beacon signal strength. “We are still happy we went this route, but the practicalities have been difficult,” Shelley Bernstein from the museum says.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash