Brooklyn Museum has produced an in-depth report that examines the practical issues it experienced implementing and managing a network of Bluetooth beacons. Key concerns include installation of the beacon devices, difficulties keeping them in place and programming beacon signal strength. “We are still happy we went this route, but the practicalities have been difficult,” Shelley Bernstein from the museum says.
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing