Windows 10 will support the next version of the Fast Identification Online (Fido) Alliance technical specifications, Microsoft has announced, allowing users to unlock their devices using biometric authentication instead of passwords. “Transitioning away from passwords and to a stronger form of identity is one of the great challenges that we face in online computing, and we believe Fido authentication is the pathway to success,” says Microsoft’s Dustin Ingalls.
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security