Australia is to become the second country after the US in which Visa Inc will roll out tokenization. The move follows news that three in five (60.4%) face-to-face Visa transactions in Australia are now contactless — compared to 14% in Canada and 21% in Singapore — and 53% of consumers are now interested in mobile payments. “2015 is posed to be the tipping point for mobile payments,” says Visa’s Stephen Karpin.
- Westpac launches payments keyboard for chat apps
- Wells Fargo moves forward with ATM mobile withdrawal plans
- US airport stores to automatically file expense reports for business travellers
- LG to launch mobile payments service using magnetic communication technology
- Samsung Pay goes live across India with support for Paytm and UPI money transfers