Barclays will be the first British bank to allow people to send payments using just the recipient’s Twitter username. The free service will launch on March 10 for users of the social network and the bank’s Pingit mobile payment app. “Adding the ability to pay people or a small business using just a Twitter handle brings together a social and digital experience to create a new step forward for mobile payments in the UK,” said Darren Foulds, director of Barclays Mobile Banking and Pingit.
- Samsung Pay rolls out across Hong Kong following early access launch
- Amazon adds shoppable stickers to its iOS app
- Ant Financial enters Hong Kong market with AlipayHK mobile wallet
- Macey’s invites shoppers to skip checkout lines
- Danish fintech startup Clearhaus buys 33% of a Danish bank – eyeing new business model and expansion