An LTE-equipped variant of LG‘s new luxury smart watch will offer NFC mobile payment functionality, reports Engadget. The Watch Urbane LTE can also make phone calls and features a bevy of sensors including a gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, atmospheric pressure, heartbeat, and GPS. The watch is due to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies