An LTE-equipped variant of LG‘s new luxury smart watch will offer NFC mobile payment functionality, reports Engadget. The Watch Urbane LTE can also make phone calls and features a bevy of sensors including a gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, atmospheric pressure, heartbeat, and GPS. The watch is due to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security