Bulgaria’s First Investment Bank is joining forces with MeaWallet to provide the bank’s customers with a mobile payments service which uses cloud-based security and host card emulation (HCE) technology. The service will work at all outlets that accept MasterCard PayPass and Visa PayWave payments and is due to launch later this year.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments