Samsung’s new flagship handsets, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, include an embedded secure element (eSE) from Oberthur Technologies. The Pearl eSE is a multi-application NFC secure element that is certified by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Incorporating the chip allows easy MNO-independent deployment of secure contactless payment, strong authentication, transit, access and loyalty applications.
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor
- Seamless considers sale or closure of Seqr mobile payments service
- PayPal to turn Venmo P2P payments app into ‘ubiquitous digital wallet’
- NXP unveils world’s thinnest contactless chip module