Google is building a framework for mobile payments in Android, a senior executive has revealed at Mobile World Congress. Android Pay will be an API layer that supports NFC and biometrics and will allow developers to incorporate payments, both in-store and in-app, into their applications, SVP Sundar Pichai told delegates in Barcelona. Android Pay is expected to launch at Google’s I/O conference in May 2015.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain