Travellers in Spain’s capital will be able to use their NFC phones to pass through ticket barriers as Madrid’s public transport system tests NFC ticketing. The SIM-based NFC trial will see owners of Samsung Galaxy phones with Telefonica SIMs being able to register payment cards and buy tickets direct from their handsets. Madrid ran an NFC bus ticketing trial with BankInter in 2010.
- Dejamobile to offer seamless banking and mobile payments enrolment via smartphone
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today