Travellers in Spain’s capital will be able to use their NFC phones to pass through ticket barriers as Madrid’s public transport system tests NFC ticketing. The SIM-based NFC trial will see owners of Samsung Galaxy phones with Telefonica SIMs being able to register payment cards and buy tickets direct from their handsets. Madrid ran an NFC bus ticketing trial with BankInter in 2010.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash