Diners at UK restaurant chain Wagamama can now pay for their meals at their tables using MasterCard’s Qkr! app with MasterPass. The QR-based payment system was first seen in a trial in Australia in 2012, and the app is available to download from the App Store or Google Play.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay