Diners at UK restaurant chain Wagamama can now pay for their meals at their tables using MasterCard’s Qkr! app with MasterPass. The QR-based payment system was first seen in a trial in Australia in 2012, and the app is available to download from the App Store or Google Play.
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing