Diners at UK restaurant chain Wagamama can now pay for their meals at their tables using MasterCard’s Qkr! app with MasterPass. The QR-based payment system was first seen in a trial in Australia in 2012, and the app is available to download from the App Store or Google Play.
- Barclays opens Pingit wearable payments store
- Chinese airlines to offer NFC baggage tags at Beijing airport
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption