Watch maker Pebble has smashed through a US$500,000 crowdfunding target, raising nearly $16m in a matter of days to produce its new Pebble Time smart watch with a colour display. The device will connect to Smart Straps, interchangeable wristbands that can contain electronics and sensors that interface directly with apps running on the watch. “Now everything is possible — GPS, heart rate monitor, NFC, battery extension, you name it!” says the company.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies