Watch maker Pebble has smashed through a US$500,000 crowdfunding target, raising nearly $16m in a matter of days to produce its new Pebble Time smart watch with a colour display. The device will connect to Smart Straps, interchangeable wristbands that can contain electronics and sensors that interface directly with apps running on the watch. “Now everything is possible — GPS, heart rate monitor, NFC, battery extension, you name it!” says the company.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle