The Softcard mobile wallet service is to close down altogether at the end of March 2015 in the wake of a deal between Google and the three US carriers that founded the NFC payments venture. “As of 3/31 your Softcard app will no longer work,” the company says. “You can continue to use the Softcard app until 3/31. After that your account will be closed. To keep using a digital wallet app download Google Wallet now.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works